- Some pencils don't write.
- All green pencils write.
- Some writing instruments are pencils.
If the first three statements are facts, which of the following statements must also be a fact?
- Some writing instruments don't write.
- Some writing instruments are green.
- Some green writing instruments don't write.
I and II only.
II and III only.
Since some pencils don't write, some writing instruments don't write. Since there are green pencils and since pencils are writing instruments, some writing instruments are green.
What about the option "II and III only"? We can see from above that I has to be correct. It is not included in this option. So this option can be rejected.