- Ten cages numbered 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 are situated adjacent to one another in two different rows of 5 cages each.
- Ten animals M, N, O, P, Q, R, S T, U and V are housed in these cages.
- Cages with odd numbers are situated opposite to the cages with even numbers, and no two cages with even numbers and no two cages with odd numbers are adjacent to each other.
- Cage No. 8 is occupied by N and it is to the extreme left of one row.
- Cages 4 and 6 are not in the row of cage no. 8 and any of the cages numbered 4, 6, 2 are not in the middle of the row.
- T lives in cage no. 5 and its cage is not situated in the row in which cage no. 6 is situated.
- O is housed in an odd numbered cage and resides in the row in which the N resides but both are not adjacent to each other.
- Q's and R's cages are adjacent to cage no. 6 However, R's cage is not adjacent to cage no 4.
- M's and V's cages are in the same row.
- P's cage is even numbered and is diagonally opposite to cage no. 1.
- Cage no. 6 is second from one of the ends of its own row.
- No two cages have consecutive number on them and S's cage is neither opposite to Q's cage nor adjacent to it.
Which cage is opposite to cage number 2?
Arrangement is like this:
1(S)---4(M/V)---9 (Q)---6(M/V)---3(R) ===================================== 8(N)---5(T)-----10(U)---7(O)-----2(P)